Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 27, 2015

SGI's delusion

I have been calling for a formal debate with the SGI for more than 16 years. I have contacted SGI-Japan,  SGI-USA, and made my debate proposals well known. I have received letters from both Al Albergate and Greg Martin and they have refused to take me up on my proposals. The following are the topics I proposed for the debate: 

1). The identity and significance of the Original Eternal Buddha 

2.) The nature of the Master/Disciple relationship in Nichiren Buddhism 

3.) The significance of the Gohonzon 

4.) The significance of the Lotus Sutra (Myoho renge kyo). 

5.) The true meaning of the Votary of the Lotus Sutra. 

6.) The true meaning of the Nichiren Faith 

7.) Shakabuku versus Shoju in the Degenerate Age 

Nichiren Daishonin writes: 

"The Lotus Sutra states, “Medicine King, now I say to you, I have preached various sutras, and among those sutras the Lotus is the foremost!” Here the Buddha is referring to all the teachings that he has expounded and stating that among these the Lotus ranks in first place. The Buddha’s preaching and the writings of the Great Teacher Kobo are as much at variance with each other as are fire and water. We should investigate and clarify this matter." 

The SGI's teachings are as much at variance with the teachings of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin as Kobo's. Their delusion is denying the importance of a correct faith and correct doctrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment