Total Pageviews

Friday, August 1, 2014

FINALLY ...

  1. FINALLY ...

    “No matter which destructive cult you choose, the above 13 items will almost universally apply". The author of these 13 points [whose name escapes me] then goes on to conclude: Study the methods of … …. they use the same techniques, even though each of them claims unique and absolute ownership of the “truth

    It really feels like we are talking about two different versions of the Soka Gakkai and I can assure you within the UK, Canada and Japan I have never witnessed any of this behaviour. If I did, I would speak up about it or leave the organisation. I certainly wouldn’t be able to have a blog recommending it to others.
    ReplyDelete
  2. I've proven my points. Time to close your blog and become a disciple of Shakyamuni Buddha and Nichiren Daishonin.

    If the SGI-USA is practising in such a way, then the members really need to take their leaders to task and teach them the real spirit and intention of Nichiren Buddhism. I guess some of these people just give up and leave the organisation, becoming a source of online negativity, but they should really chant for the courage to confront the leaders and clarify the SGI’s position in accordance with the teachings in the Lotus Sutra and the Gosho. I must remind you of one definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 
  3. Tell that to the Independent Reassessment Group, the Singapore or the Italian SGI reformers. They were either squashed like bugs, excommunicated, or made to feel so uncomfortable that they were forced to leave.

  4. If I did my best to bring the SGI into line with its original intention to propagate the true Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin and failed, ultimately, I would either become an independent Nichiren Buddhist or look for another sect that seemed to be more in touch with the true spirit of Buddhism. 

    Maybe you would have had better luck [snicker]?

    As I mentioned earlier, the only negativity I have come across was the obsession with continually criticising Nikken about 7 years ago rather than moving forward, and this is the same thing that annoys me about a lot of the anti-SGI sites. 
  5. SGI has changed? The leopard has changed its spots? Oh, I forgot, the New Human Revolution

  6. If others are happy to follow the alleged non Nichiren teachings of the SGI-USA that you mention, then that is for them to deal with. If I left the SGI, I wouldn’t feel a need to criticise the SGI as this only provides fuel to the “if you are following the true teaching, enemies will emerge” fire. 
  7. The Nichiren Shoshu, Nichiren Shu, Kempon Hokke, and I myself say the same thing. Who is right? Nichiren teaches that the one who preaches with Sutra in hand is right. That obviates all of you.
It’s much better to put your point across by focussing on the correctness of your faith rather than continually criticising a group (and feeling sorry for their deluded members) that doesn’t seem to care what you say or will spin it into a positive for them.

You would like that Nichiren Buddhist and so would your General Director.. Nichiren teaches, however, that there is no Buddhahood without refuting evil: 

"If, knowing the best path, one sees one’s parents or sovereign taking an evil path, can one fail to admonish them? If a fool, crazed with wine, is about to drink poison, can one, knowing this, not try to stop him? In the same way, if one understands the truth of the Buddhist teachings and knows the sufferings of fire, blood, and swords,79 can one fail to lament at seeing someone to whom one owes a debt of gratitude about to fall into the evil paths? Rather one should cast away one’s body and lay down one’s life in an effort to save such a person.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment